ssl-config was originally part of Play’s WS module.
Play WS allows you to set up HTTPS completely from a configuration file, without the need to write code. It does this by layering the Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE) with a configuration layer and with reasonable defaults.
JDK 1.8 contains an implementation of JSSE which is significantly more advanced than previous versions, and should be used if security is a priority.
Copyright (C) 2009-2016 Lightbend Inc. <https://www.lightbend.com>
- Further Reading
- Quick Start to WS SSL
- Generating X.509 Certificates
- Configuring Trust Stores and Key Stores
- Configuring Protocols
- Configuring Cipher Suites
- Configuring Certificate Revocation
- Hostname Verification
- Configuring Certificate Validation
- Example Configurations
- Using the Default SSLContext
- Debugging SSL Connections
- Loose Options
- Testing SSL
JSSE is a complex product. For convenience, the JSSE materials for JDK 1.8 are provided here: